Notices

Welles

1. That'll Cost 4 Hours

An idea came to me a couple of days ago. I was entranced by the simplicity and utility of it. The world isn’t ready for it so please, if you find your mind telling you why it wouldn’t work just ignore the chatter. You see this is an idea for a new world; one built of Love where spiritual values are embraced by choice because we understand them by experience. It is an idea for a society in which every family unit has the right to a non-taxable home site; a society in which you could only ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  2. Universal Communication

Please don’t listen to these words. Hmm, that’s not quite right; perhaps what I really mean is don’t be overly concerned about the ideas. While they are the best I can express today, any meaning will only be transmitted if they resonate within your mind. The sole reason to hold onto them for further reflection is if they strike a chord in your heart. Either of those possibilities can occur if we have some connection through the Universal field of Love. The cost of that connection ...
    Categories
    Welles' Blog
  3. I Love With You

Probably the most fundamental and therefore greatest single piece of spiritual advice ever presented to us is “Love Thy Neighbor.” That isn’t quite as easy in practice as it seems it should be. When we are reacting to the fears in residence at the foundation of our unconscious it can’t be done. Your imperfections trigger recognition of my own imperfections. I don’t like that. It must be your fault. You need to change. That’s the knee-jerk reaction. In truth I ...
    Categories
    Welles' Blog
  4. I Canít Cant the Cant

I Can’t (v. contraction of cannot) Cant (v. to speak in jargon) the Cant (n. pious language).

To my amazement (and amusement) now that I’m getting pretty old I’ve discovered that I’m living a religious life. It wasn’t by intention so much as worldly default. I was totally lost and confused, without trustworthy social anchors when, in abject and dire straits, I experimented asking inside for guidance. It worked so I kept doing it.

Now don’t
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  5. So What's Not to Like?

On Earth there are currently a great number of people who cringe at the mention of the G-word. Mention God and you can see the emotional armoring of cynicism slam into place at near light speed. Their eyes glaze with disdain and the heavy weaponry of condescension is targeted on the unfortunate soul who had the temerity to suggest that there is a Creator. Well I have a question to ask. So what’s not to like about God?

A common reply is frequently something like, ‘there have been ...
    Categories
    Welles' Blog
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast