Notices

Thread: How to edit My Profile on a smart phone (Android)?

1. #1 How to edit My Profile on a smart phone (Android)? 
    Hello and peace to you. I am having trouble filling out my profile. I can get to the page, but not the bio section. I've got an android phone, is that the prob? Also just want to say I'm glad that I found you!!!

Blog Entries
    Hi hvancoutren!

Welcome and thank you for your greeting! I'm glad you found me too!

Because you posted you can Log In. I think you'll see a site that looks something like this...

If you tap on the icon toward which the arrow is pointing it will expand to this...

At the bottom of the window tap on Full Site. That takes you to the forum layout you would see on a computer. At the very top of that page, next to Profile is Settings. Tap on Settings and you will have an option available on the left hand side to Edit Profile. I'm sorry about the complexity. It seems too complex to me, too! I'm going to have to do someting about that.

Your inquiry has started me thinking about phone access to the forum. I'm aware that much of the world accesses the internet through their phones. I'm out of touch in that regard because I've never had a cell phone. There's no service where I live.

When I designed the forum and had the help of a wonderful developer implement my ideas, I was paying attention to desktop and laptop computers because that's what I knew. However today I'm going to begin inquiry into adding better mobile support to the forum.

Thanks for your inquiry!

Welles
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	iPodAccess1.jpg 
Views:	14 
Size:	32.7 KB 
ID:	62   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	iPadAccess3.jpg 
Views:	11 
Size:	28.4 KB 
ID:	65  

Blog Entries
    Hi hvancoutren,

Just a little update. My developer says that the mobile style of the forum doesn't allow direct access to the Profile for editing as we have both discovered but going to the Full Site is the answer. While we looked at the issue, though we decided to create a mobile style to make the experience on a smart phone or iPod Touch look more like the computer generated site.

We also discussed web apps but I decided not to go in that direction at present, partly due to the cost of development and the variety of devices/operating systems that need support. My funds are limited.

Thanks for your question!