Notices
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Master Craftsmen Worth Watching

1. #41 Dovetails for Drawers – the European Way — by Popular Woodworking 
    Blog Entries
    "Frank Klausz walks you through the steps to create through and half-blind dovetails for a drawer. There are many ways these joints can be cut, but this is Frank's way – the European Way."

I've been a woodworker more than anything else in this life. Frank is so good I'm using up my daily use of Awesome. Frank is Awesome!

2. #42 Log Cabin TIMELAPSE Built By ONE MAN In The Forest — by My Self Reliance 
    Blog Entries
    Timelapse video of a complete log cabin build by one man alone in the wilderness of Canada, from 1st tree I cut to last floor board I laid.

3. #43 Ancient Technology of Making Cabinet Furnitures - Impossible Looking Dovetail Joint 
    I'm about to embark upon another woodworking project so when I saw this video... You have to be a woodworker to fully appreciate just what a master this craftsman is. This Japanese master woodworker is almost too good — at the 8:09 mark, he finds that when he pushes the final drawer in, other drawers pop out because of the air pressure. Truly wonderful!

4. #44 This Puzzle Box Forged Entirely From Metal is Incredible — by Twisted Sifter 
    I've done just enough blacksmithing to be able to thoroughly appreciate the incredible mastery of this project. The web page I'm linking has numerous pictures but if you have the inclination watch the movie of how this piece was made. It is a work of art in itself.

Coffer is an ambitious project by metalsmith Seth Gould that took 2 years to complete. Made from wrought iron, pure iron, steel and brass; every piece of this puzzle box was handmade by Gould down to the screws and springs. Gould, who received his BFA in Jewelry and Metalsmithing Design, began working on the Coffer during the first year of his residency at the Penland School of Craft. In the wonderfully shot film below by Jesse Beecher, you can see just how exquisite this puzzle box truly is.
    This Puzzle Box Forged Entirely From Metal is Incredible — by Twisted Sifter

https://twistedsifter.com/2019/01/al...by-seth-gould/