Notices
Page 15 of 16 FirstFirst ... 513141516 LastLast

Thread: Is natural death the only way out? — On the topic of death

1. #141 Top 5 Regrets People Are Most Likely To Have At The End of Their Lives — by Melody 
    Blog Entries
    "When it comes to regrets, there are a few that people have at the end of their lives, when it’s far too late to do anything about it. By knowing what the most common regrets of others are, you can make changes now in the life that will keep you from having these same regrets when you reach the end of your life."

Here are the top 5 regrets people have at the end of their lives:

5. Choosing Happiness
    4. Maintaining Friendships
    3. Expressing Feelings
    2. Working Too Much
    1. Meeting The Expectations Of Others

Top 5 Regrets People Are Most Likely To Have At The End of Their Lives — by Melody

https://www.peacequarters.com/top-5-...f-their-lives/

2. #142 Where Do We Go When We “Die?” Signs That Consciousness Remains After Death... 
    Blog Entries
    "What happens when we die? Who really knows? But to deem these questions completely unanswerable is absurd in light of all the evidence that’s emerged over the past view decades. Sure, contemplating what happens after death can be a little too ‘out there’ for some people, it can even contradict long-held belief systems that we’ve been holding on to for so long, with a tight grip, so much so that it can be hard to even entertain an alternate perspective that’s backed with some type of credible evidence. It’s called cognitive dissonance.

There is nothing wrong with discovery, and throughout all stages of human history new discoveries have always been denounced and ridiculed before they eventually make their way into the mainstream. This is exactly what we are seeing with non-material science. The birth of quantum physics clearly showed a strong relationship between consciousness and what we perceive as our physical material world, this is why all of the founding fathers of quantum theory, like Max Planck, regarded “consciousness as fundamental,” and matter as “derivative from consciousness,” and it’s why Nikola Tesla believed that humanity would not make giant leaps forward until it studies “non-physical” phenomena – subjects such as, like telepathy, clairvoyance, psychokinesis, remote viewing, near death experiences (NDE’s) and more.

Today, new discoveries like this can have huge implications, and can shake the foundations of the global collective worldview as well as change the global perception forever."

Where Do We Go When We “Die?” Signs That Consciousness Remains After Death Are Increasing — by Arjun Walia

http://www.collective-evolution.com/...re-increasing/

3. #143 Talk about your death while you're still healthy — a TEDTalk by Michelle Knox 
    Blog Entries

4. #144 Life After Death: Scientists Know Where Your Soul Goes Once You Die 
    Well actually people have pondered this question and there have been some theories based upon measurable observations. Still the pondering of other people about the persistence of consciousness is interesting...

"In the same way death and taxes are inescapable, so are these two questions: Is there such thing as a human soul? And, if so, what happens to it when the physical body dies? Regardless of where you fall on the afterlife spectrum, everyone asks these questions at some point in their life.

Duncan MacDougall’s Experiment: Trying to Prove the Soul

Massachusetts physician Duncan MacDougall sought to answer that first question in the early 1900s in one of the most famous metaphysical experiments to date. Using a total of six bodies of people who died of tuberculosis, he sought to, in essence, weigh the soul. After completing to small yet measurable experiment, MacDougall concluded that the human soul weighed around ľ of an ounce (or 21 grams)."

Life After Death: Scientists Know Where Your Soul Goes Once You Die — by consciousreminder

http://www.healthy-holistic-living.c...ter-death.html

5. #145 How to Say Goodbye when Someone You Love is Dying — by Bailey Williams 
    "Facing Death with An Open Heart

Talking to a dying loved one—or anyone dying you’ve known—is no easy task. Especially if your histories are complicated. What do you do with resentments and hurts? Saying nothing and doing nothing can have consequences for your own life. How do you honor your own feelings, as well as the feelings of the other person? What helps with closure, when our goodbyes are not in person? Here are some ideas for a meaningful goodbye.

If you’re not sure what to say…"

This article is heartfelt and thoughtful... a great combination.

How to Say Goodbye when Someone You Love is Dying — by Bailey Williams

https://upliftconnect.com/how-to-say...love-is-dying/

6. #146 When Gratitude Holds Hands with Grief — by Elaine Mansfield 
    Elaine has written an intensely beautiful and poignant look a the death of her life's partner in love. Here's a sample from the opening lines...

“He’s conscious,” the nurse says. I trust this Vietnam vet with his acne scarred face and tender resigned heart. His sad eyes help me face what’s coming. The two of us stand next to a bed in the oncology unit of Strong Hospital and look over my husband Vic’s limp body.
    “He can hear you,” the nurse says, “but he’s too exhausted to respond. You can ask him to squeeze your hand.”

I can ask him to squeeze if he hears me, but he doesn’t need to hear me. He needs to die, so I don’t call him back to life and to me, but let him stay with the hard labor of breathing.

Yes, I could ask Vic to squeeze my hand if he loves me. But I don’t doubt his love. I can ask him to squeeze if he hears me, but he doesn’t need to hear me. He needs to die, so I don’t call him back to life and to me, but let him stay with the hard labor of breathing. I touch him and inhale his scent, rub oil into his hands and feet, and pray for strength to let him go. I’ve walked with him to the threshold of death and hung my feet over the ledge. I feel the vastness of the abyss, but I can go no further."

When Gratitude Holds Hands with Grief — by Elaine Mansfield

https://gratefulness.org/blog/when-g...ds-with-grief/

7. #147 How I’ve Learned to Fully Appreciate the Little Time I Have on Earth —by Manuel Kraus 
    "Recently, my grandfather passed away. His departure was difficult for me but it has also left me with something I’ll keep for the rest of my life—an unlikely lesson about life and gratitude.

I hadn’t seen my grandfather often before he died because I’ve been living abroad for the last couple of years. But I was still fond of him and I warmly remembered the days we had spent together when I was young. So his passing was a shock and a tragedy for me. I felt the grief of losing someone close for the first time.

Yet, amid all the pain, some other feeling started to come up: a sense of gratitude. I began to feel grateful that I got the chance to say goodbye to him in person. I felt grateful for having known him and having shared so many good moments with him. And I felt grateful that he was able to live his life and even die the way he wanted."

Manuel goes on to describe how he decided to keep that gratitude alive each and every day for both himself and in memory of his grandfather.

How I’ve Learned to Fully Appreciate the Little Time I Have on Earth — by Manuel Kraus

https://tinybuddha.com/blog/how-ive-...have-on-earth/

8. #148 Death Connects Us To Life — by Somik Raha 
    "It would take many years of heavy lifting for me to realize that death connects us to life. Our own life. It is an opportunity not just to remember the impermanence of our lives and reflect on our purpose of living. It is also an opportunity to feel the well-spring of love and gratitude in its fullness through the process of grieving."

This is a brilliant thought. The paragraph above is thoroughly illuminated by the whole...

Death Connects Us To Life — by Somik Raha

http://www.awakin.org/read/audio.php?op=play&tid=2304

9. #149 Why You Should Not Fear Death: Your Spirit Never Dies — by Omar Cherif 
    "Fearing death can control people’s lives and renders them barely alive. The truth is, we’ve been dying since the day we were born. We’ve actually been ‘dead’ for millions of years and never minded it, and most of us don’t even remember; and we’ll be ‘dead’ for some other millions and we still won’t mind it. There is absolutely no convincing reason to fear that next adventure. For where we are now is just a ride.

Essentially, there is no separation between life and death. They are both, in fact, complementary. And that is one of the many paradoxes of our mighty Universe. Unfortunately, that’s not we are taught as children.

Through the established institutions ― religions and governments ― we are made to believe that death is sort of a punishment to be afraid of; if you don’t agree with what we believe in then you will die and go to hell and suffer on the hands of burning ghouls, from one side. And if you don’t submit to our powers we’ll kill you with our guns, from the other.

It’s all a control game. When irrational fear is induced people become controllable. That’s how fearing death came to being."

Why You Should Not Fear Death: Your Spirit Never Dies — by Omar Cherif

https://consciouslifenews.com/fear-death/1191285/

10. #150 The Moment I Knew Gratitude is the Answer to Every Question — by Kristin Meekhof 
    "A month before her husband died, Kristin Meekhof drove her husband to cancer treatment as usual. It was a month after his diagnosis. While it was painful for her husband, it was also difficult for her. She tried to put on a brave face and hide her tears, but the sight of a sick child made her lose it. She ran to the bathroom to cry. The floodgates opened and she felt as if her “heart was literally breaking open.” What her husband said to her next was the moment she knew gratitude is the answer to every question. This heartrending story ends on a helpful and hopeful note about loss and grief. “I am here to share with you that healing is possible. It happens in small micro-moments, but those moments add up, Kristin€ť Meekhof offers. Read on for more..."

The Moment I Knew Gratitude is the Answer to Every Question — by Kristin Meekhof

http://www.dailygood.org/story/2006/...istin-meekhof/