Notices
Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 910111213 LastLast

Thread: Is natural death the only way out? — On the topic of death

1. #101 Five Invitations: What Death Can Teach About Living — by Frank Ostaseski 
    Blog Entries
    "Over the course of thirty years, those who were at the end of their lives shared their insights with Frank Ostaseski, the co-founder of the Zen Hospice Project, a holistic residential care facility. In his article, 'Five Invitations: What Death Can Teach about Living' Frank shares the five 'invitations' to connect with death in order to live a more full life. The five invitations he has gleaned from these end-of-life conversations are Don't Wait; Welcome Everything, Push Away Nothing; Bring Your Whole Self to the Experience; Find a Place of Rest in the Middle of Things; and Cultivate a "Don't Know" Mind. Being open-minded and accepting of the world and those around you, finding the ability to rest and recuperate in the midst of daily activities, recognizing that time is precious, and accepting every part of yourself will allow anyone to live more fully and without regret."

Five Invitations: What Death Can Teach About Living — by Frank Ostaseski

http://www.dailygood.org/story/1657/...ank-ostaseski/

2. #102 Dying to be Me — a TED X talk by Anita Moorjani 
    Blog Entries
    "Doctors had given Anita Moorjani just hours to live when she arrived at the hospital on the morning of February 2nd, 2006. Unable to move as a result of the cancer that had ravaged her body for almost four years, Anita went into a coma where she experienced great clarity about her life and purpose here on earth. She was given a choice of whether to return to life or not, and chose to return when she realized that "heaven" is a state and not a place. This resulted in a remarkable and complete recovery of her health within five weeks. Anita's riveting talk will inspire you to transform your life by living more authentically, discovering your greatest passions, transcending your deepest fears, and living from a place of pure joy."

Dying to be Me — a TED X talk by Anita Moorjani

http://www.karmatube.org/videos.php?id=7626

3. #103 Healing Is a Journey, Not an Event — by Candace Schilling 
    Blog Entries
    "Grief is a bittersweet paradox, a path we walk alone even when surrounded by friends and family. But love, longing and loss are universal experiences, and that makes them holy. May we find healing in kindness to ourselves and others. May we see our own beauty with fresh eyes, and may faith remind us Love and Peace can bloom again."

Candace has written a lovely, short article about healing from grief. I was talking about this subject with a friend yesterday when I positied the thought that we shouldn't really focus on healing from grief but in the natural order of things time wears the sharp edges of the loss and leaves a smoother poignancy of fond memory.

Healing Is a Journey, Not an Event — by Candace Schilling

http://www.positivelypositive.com/20...ney-not-event/

4. #104 “Fatal Diseases.” — an 11:11 Progress Group Message 
    Blog Entries
    Chicago, US of A, April 22, 2017. 
Teacher: Secondary Midwayer, Dr. Mendoza (MNO-8).

Subject: “Fatal Diseases.” 

Message received by Valdir Soares. 

Dr. Mendoza: “You may say that any disease which causes someone’s death would be a fatal disease. However, there are diseases that are absolutely fatal when contracted by any person. Some of these diseases are rather vicious and sometimes they can cause death within a matter of days. Others may take longer; months, even several years. What to do when you have a fatal disease, knowing your time is certain and near? Since you can’t change the outcome, it’s clear you must focus on your remaining time and make the best of what you have left. How to prepare yourself?

“Prepare for your Physical Departure. When you think about death, you also should contemplate the fact that you will no longer be in this world. Your physical life will end and your body will be removed from among the living and put to rest. Therefore, if there is something material that is important, it must be taken care of sooner, rather than later. It’s time to care about last wishes, a testament, your funeral arrangements and things that pertain to your very departure from Urantia. If you are wealthy or well-to-do, be fair with family members and relatives, but also leave resources to charity and the poor.

“Prepare for your Mental Disengagement. Conscience is built in your mind by your personality. Mental life is processed in your brain, but it comes from a mindal platform that is shared by our Mother Spirit with all Her living creatures in Nebadon. When your brain stops, so too is your mind disengaged from this platform and next comes a mental obliviousness. However, the details of your identity are safe-guarded by your guardian seraphim and your memories are in trust with your Adjuster, both of which will be presented for your reassembly — your resurrection on the Mansion Worlds. You will stop thinking, feeling, dreaming or willing.

“Prepare for your Spiritual Destiny. This is the most important task, because it is about your spiritual survival. Spiritual survival depends on genuine faith, but even if you always were an agnostic, spiritual advancement is still possible. Three are the possibilities: one, you have taken final decision towards the Father and His will; two, you don’t know; or, three, you have consciously rejected the Father and His will. If one, you are fine; if two, this is risky, but there is still time to make sure; if three, also there’s still time for you to make sure that non-survival is what you really want. 

“Therefore, my friend, fatal diseases bring definite final challenges concerning your physical, mental and spiritual life. Make your physical departure the easiest for people around you. Prepare yourself for the cessation of conscience — at least for a period of time. The most important is to be certain of what will be the destiny of your soul. Don’t be troubled as there is no Hell or eternal damnation; it is survival with God, or no survival at all — eternal oblivion, as if you never existed. Fortunately, only a very small minority chooses non-survival. 

“I am Doctor Mendoza, your Secondary Midwayer friend, checking on your health at various times.”

5. #105 16 Quotes on Grieving & Loss to Help us Feel Less Alone. — by Aimee-Claire Smith 
    Blog Entries
    This is a wonderful list introduced by a heartfelt piece of writing. Here is the first...

1. “My longing for you is such that it presses on my breast like tears that cannot be wept.” — Franz Kafka

16 Quotes on Grieving & Loss to Help us Feel Less Alone. — by Aimee-Claire Smith

https://www.elephantjournal.com/2017...el-less-alone/

6. #106 Alan Watts - Acceptance of Death a video presentation of his speaking on the subject 
    Blog Entries

7. #107 Life-Changing Life Lessons from Two Dying Men. — by Diana Raab 
    Blog Entries
    Diana frames her wisdom in a story of the dying of two men. During their departure she was the only person immediately involved with some medical background and so was able to help guide the process. She offers two sections of practical advice/wisdom after detailing the stories.

“When faced with death, there are certain things to remember.“

and

“Here are my Key Lessons from Death:“

They are eminently worth reading.

Life-Changing Life Lessons from Two Dying Men. — by Diana Raab

https://www.elephantjournal.com/2017...two-dying-men/

8. #108 The Hardest Part of Grieving — by Robin Emmerich 
    Blog Entries
    "This is the hardest part of the process: realizing that we need to grieve. For many of us, it’s easier just to move onto the next thing, the next distraction, rather than allowing ourselves to feel pain."

You can read the article that explains how Robin came to this hard earned piece of wisdom.

The Hardest Part of Grieving — by Robin Emmerich

http://www.positivelypositive.com/20...part-grieving/

9. #109 8 Cutting Edge Minds Answer The Question – What Happens After We Die? 
    Blog Entries
    These are enlightened evolutionary minds and the points of view are judiciously considered. I really liked this article. The people offering their answers are...

1. Ram Dass, Psy.D
    2. Alex Grey
    3. Peter Russell, M.A., D.C.S.
    4. Bernie Siegel, M.D.
    5. Larry Dossey, M.D.
    6. Rick Strassman, M.D.
    7. Dean Radin, Psy.D.
    8. Rupert Sheldrake, Ph.D.

Spoiler... all of these men agree there is a continuation of consciousness. I particularly liked Ram Dass’s answer.

8 Cutting Edge Minds Answer The Question – What Happens After We Die? — by Buck Rogers

http://www.wakingtimes.com/2017/09/2...n-happens-die/

10. #110 Where Am I? — by Marie Love 
    Blog Entries
    Marie Love is the founder of Ascension Whispers. Her goal “is to assist as many people as possible to remember Source and to remember all people are Source embodied.“ I have read her work with interest for some years and wondered why there were no new posts for quite a long time. Marie replied with this story of the departure of her husband from this life and her participation in that process. She shares an original and fascinating look at death.

“The last time I posted I shared that both hubby and I felt as though we were in some kind of holding pattern. Indeed we were! The holding pattern was the final stages of hubby working to release from the human body thought form and my mission was to assist him in all ways possible to do so.

My wonderful husband finally released from his human body form on July 27, 2017, at home. My role was his care taker while he accomplished such. If you have ever played the role of care taker for someone then you know how very challenging it can be. I am not sure how anyone does it by their self in a home situation if they are not aware of and do not yet hear Source guiding the way. I am not at all sure I would have been able to do so if Source were not guiding my every step.“

Where Am I? — by Marie Love

http://ascensionwhispers.com/wordpress/?p=2674