Notices
Page 1 of 32 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: One Liners from the Urantia Book (OK sometimes two-liners)

1. #1 One Liners from the Urantia Book (OK sometimes two-liners) 
    Blog Entries
    I keep running into single sentences or tiny fragments from the UB that give me pause for thought and sometimes provide instant little bursts of illumination. I'll add them here as I run across them. Don't worry about being overwhelmed by the numbers I'm not even into reading the UB right now and don't have any inclination to do so at this moment. That impulse comes and goes. I've read it six times completely from cover to cover since 1973 but put it down once more to return to the importance of spiritual experience itself.

So here's the first... (Note: each quote has a link to the online UB. You will find the specific quote at or near the very top of the page linked.)

"In the lives of moral beings the golden rule becomes the wise center and circumference of all their philosophy."

180:5.6 (1950.1)

+

Blog Entries
    "Jesus employed the word God to designate the idea of Deity and the word Father to designate the experience of knowing God."

169:4.7 (1856.5)

Blog Entries
    "When in honest doubt about the equity and justice of material situations, let your decisions favor those who are in need, favor those who suffer the misfortune of undeserved hardships."

Jesus, (1463.8) 132:5.13

Blog Entries
    "A display of specialized skill does not signify possession of spiritual capacity. Cleverness is not a substitute for true character."

48:7.3 (556.2)

Blog Entries
    "Of all the perplexing problems growing out of the Lucifer rebellion, none has occasioned more difficulty than the failure of immature evolutionary mortals to distinguish between true and false liberty."

54:1.1 (613.3)

Blog Entries
    "Conceptual frames of the universe are only relatively true; they are serviceable scaffolding which must eventually give way before the expansions of enlarging cosmic comprehension."

115:1.2 (1260.3)

Blog Entries
    "Facing the world of personality, God is discovered to be a loving person; facing the spiritual world, he is a personal love; in religious experience he is both."

2:6.9 (42:1)

Blog Entries
    "There sojourns within each moral being of this planet a fragment of God, a part and parcel of divinity. It is not yet yours by right of possession, but it is designedly intended to be one with you if you survive the mortal existence."

1:4.3 (26.5)

Blog Entries
    "The enforced associations of family life stabilize personality and stimulate its growth through the compulsion of necessitous adjustment to other and diverse personalities."

84:7.30 (942.1)

Blog Entries
    "Moral convictions based on spiritual enlightenment and rooted in human experience are just as real and certain as mathematical deductions based on physical observations, but on another and higher level."

(2077.8) 195:6.12