Notices
Page 41 of 45 FirstFirst ... 313940414243 ... LastLast

Thread: One Liners from the Urantia Book (OK sometimes two-liners)

Religion requires Faith and doesn't require one conform to any branch of Religion. Many atheist and non-believers are such because they do not wish to conform or accept outdated and dogmatic concepts or feel forced into any one sect yet the sincerity of their individuality is Religion... and God exist in each and every one of us.
    "The true basis of religion is not belief, but intuitive experience. Intuition is the souls power of knowing God. To know what religion is really all about, one must know God." -Yogananda

"4. There is one Religion, the unswerving progress in the right direction towards the ideal, which fulfills the life's purpose of every soul." - Inayat Khan

Quote Originally Posted by happyrain View Post
    the sincerity of their individuality is Religion
    That's a fabulous phrase.

I look at atheists through two primary lenses. It seems that most have reacted to the fraud and horrors perpetrated by the very human institutions known as religions. They are sincere and their reactions have a real basis in experiential truth. I started out my spiritual meandering with one foot in that came and went on to discover that religion and religions have little in common except eight letters.

Then there are those who seem to be so in love with their own presumptive brilliance that they can't presently concieve that there can be anything more wonderful. The notion that in this universe we humans are the slowest thinkers of spiritualized beings is impossible to encompass by those for whom the reactive ego has momentary dominance. The discovery that there is always somebody smarter, quicker etc is so offensive that the notion of a Creator who is the ultimate know-it-all is simply intollerable. All of that operates from a level of subconsious patterns held in their emotions. I would say that some of those 'emotional programs' are remnants of the manipulation of humanity by those involved in the Lucifer Rebellion.

So there I'll step off my soapbox now.

"The religionist of faith believes in a God who fosters survival, the Father in heaven, the God of love.

5:5.3 (68.6)

"Religious meanings progress in self-consciousness when the child transfers his ideas of omnipotence from his parents to God. And the entire religious experience of such a child is largely dependent on whether fear or love has dominated the parent-child relationship."

92:7.11 (1013.6)

"Personality is that feature of an individual which we know, and which enables us to identify such a being at some future time regardless of the nature and extent of changes in form, mind, or spirit status."

16:8.4 (194.4)

"No ascending mortal can escape the experience of rearing children----- their own or others----- either on the material worlds or subsequently on the finaliter world or on Jerusem. Fathers must pass through this essential experience just as certainly as mothers."

47:1.6 (531.4)

"[Religion] is...a profoundly deep and actual experience of spiritual communion with the spirit influences resident within the human mind, and as far as such an experience is definable in terms of psychology, it is simply the experience of experiencing the reality of believing in God as the reality of such a purely personal experience."

101:1.4 (1105.1)

"The religionist of philosophic attainment has faith in a personal God of personal salvation...a God of love. Love is the essence of religion and the wellspring of superior civilization.

102:6.3 (1124.5)

"There is also a domain of prayer wherein the intellectually alert and spiritually progressing individual attains more or less contact with the superconscious levels of the human mind, the domain of the indwelling Thought Adjuster."

91:2.6 (996.4)

"If any man chooses to do the divine will, he shall know the way of truth. It is literally true, 'Human things must be known in order to be loved, but divine things must be loved in order to be known.' "

102:1.1 (1118.4)