Notices
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Thread: Topic: Freedom — started by Welles

1. #61 The Paradox of Freedom and Justice — by Gary ‘Z’ McGee 
    “Absolute freedom mocks justice. Absolute justice denies freedom. To be fruitful, the two ideas must find their limits in each other.” ~Albert Camus, The Rebel

Standing on the shoulder of the philosophical giant Albert Camus in order to see further is no easy task. But we’re going to attempt it anyway through use of metaphor, analogy and a story.

Setting the stage:

“There’s nothing fundamentally wrong with people. Given a story to enact that puts them in accord with the world, they will live in accord with the world. But given a story to enact that puts them at odds with the world, as ours does, they will live at odds with the world.” ~Daniel Quinn
    Gary proceeds to exemplify his thoughts with a little parable. The stage is set. Read the rest here...

The Paradox of Freedom and Justice — by Gary ‘Z’ McGee

https://www.wakingtimes.com/2018/08/...m-and-justice/

2. #62 Natural Law (Part 4): This Man Explains How To Take Down The Corporatocracy 
    This article contains essential elements of the interview that is embedded. It is a very clear take on the 'legal' system, authority and just what is wrong with our world. Effectively Josh explains how to hold people responsible for their actions even when they believe they are hidden behind the color of authority. This is vitally important for the advancement of humanity for in the light of Love everyone is responsible for their actions. Just following orders is no excuse.
    Josh: Everyone has this sense of, there’s something not right, and it’s something fundamental, there’s like a fundamental fraud, that what I thought was true I’m finding out is not true, and that can be traumatic for people, but, you know, we’re all collectively as human beings having that experience.

Cal: And you can see it in the uprisings in other countries, and they’re trying to keep it out of the news, etc., but there’s a definite feeling of dissatisfaction here, like there’s something wrong. Once you understand why it’s happening, then you need to understand what to do. And that’s what this is all about.

Josh: So it turns out, there is a way we can actually hold individuals within corporations and governments accountable for what they are doing. And this has the potential to change everything.
    Natural Law (Part 4): This Man Explains How To Take Down The Corporatocracy — by Richard Enos

https://www.collective-evolution.com...orporatocracy/

3. #63 InPower Episode #1: A Mass Action of Liability (2017) — a video by InPower Movement 
    Everyone should watch this video!

4. #64 The Philosophy Of The Free-Range Human — by Gary Z McGee 
    “I am free because I know that I alone am morally responsible for everything I do. I am free, no matter what rules surround me. If I find them tolerable, I tolerate them; if I find them too obnoxious, I break them. I am free because I know that I alone am morally responsible for everything I do.” ~Robert A. Heinlein

The path from status-quo junkie to having a higher perspective is a difficult one. No doubt. Similarly, the path from soft-slave statist to free-range human is difficult. But as Spinoza said,“All things excellent are as difficult as they are rare.” The philosophy of the free-range human is an attempt at being excellent despite the difficulty.

First let’s define the differences between a soft-slave statist and a free-range human.

A soft-slave statist is anyone who believes they need a ruler to rule over them, who thinks they need permission to be free, who blindly worships a flag, and who believes violence is the answer to solving problems.

A free-range human, on the other hand, rules over him/herself, does not need permission to be free, does not worship a flag, and thinks that violence is only necessary when used in self-defense or in defense of those not capable of defending themselves. Besides that, free-range humans practice the following core principles…
    Gary goes on to discuss...

The Golden Rule
    The Non-Aggression Principl
    Radical Forgiveness
    Radical Interdependence

The Philosophy Of The Free-Range Human — by Gary Z McGee

https://www.wakingtimes.com/2018/09/...e-range-human/

5. #65 Society Is Made Of Narrative – Realizing This Is Awakening From The Matrix 
    In the movie The Matrix, humans are imprisoned in a virtual world by a powerful artificial intelligence system in a dystopian future. What they take to be reality is actually a computer program that has been jacked into their brains to keep them in a comatose state. They live their whole lives in that virtual simulation, without any way of knowing that what they appear to be experiencing with their senses is actually made of AI-generated code.

Life in our current society is very much the same. The difference is that instead of AI, it’s psychopathic oligarchs who are keeping us asleep in the Matrix. And instead of code, it’s narrative.

Society is made of narrative like the Matrix is made of code. Identity, language, etiquette, social roles, opinions, ideology, religion, ethnicity, philosophy, agendas, rules, laws, money, economics, jobs, hierarchies, politics, government, they’re all purely mental constructs which exist nowhere outside of the mental noises in our heads. If I asked you to point to your knee you could do so instantly and wordlessly, but if I asked you to point to the economy, for example, the closest you could come is using a bunch of linguistic symbols to point to a group of concepts. To show me the economy, you’d have to tell me a story.

Anyone who has ever experienced a moment of mental stillness knows that without the chatter, none of those things are part of your actual present experience. There is no identity, language, etiquette, social roles, opinions, ideology, religion, ethnicity, philosophy, agendas, rules, laws, money, economics, jobs, hierarchies, politics or government in your experience without the mental chatter about those things. There’s not even a “you” anywhere to be found, because it turns out that that’s made of narrative, too.

Without mental narrative, nothing is experienced but sensory impressions appearing to a subject with no clear shape or boundaries. The visual and auditory fields, the sensation of air going in and out of the respiratory system, the feeling of the feet on the ground or the bum in the chair. That’s it. That’s more or less the totality of life minus narrative.
    Society Is Made Of Narrative – Realizing This Is Awakening From The Matrix — by Caitlin Johnstone

https://www.wakingtimes.com/2018/09/...om-the-matrix/

6. #66 Samuel Adams on the need for experienced patriots 
    "If ever the time should come, when vain and aspiring men shall possess the highest seats in government, our country will stand in need of its experienced patriots to prevent its ruin." — Samuel Adams

7. #67 How to Turn the Tables on Authority Like a F@*%ing Genius — by Gary Z McGee 
    “In the act of provoking people to think differently, philosophers make it clear that we are not fated to live within the often-stifling systems of thought that we inherit. We can change the subject.” ~Raymond Geuss

Are you sick and tired of TV talking-heads babbling their way through political propaganda and scapegoating each other through underhanded claptrap that does nothing more than keep outdated bipartisan “authority” entrenched in the minds of the people?

If not, have you ever asked yourself why you just go along with it? Have you ever questioned the nature of authority itself?

Ask yourself: what makes a person an authority? The answer seems simple: a bunch of other people “believe” that person to be an authority. Usually arbitrarily, without questioning the legitimacy of the authority and believing it only because the majority believes it. Or blindly believing in some outdated “social contract” reasoning that strong-arms everyone into obeying.

Have you ever asked yourself how much of your belief in authority is merely culturally conditioned, societally brainwashed or merely indoctrinated? How much of the authority surrounding you is made up of prestigious and courageous individuals who have actually earned it through the merit of their own blood, sweat and tears; and how much of it is made up of individuals who were merely pigeonholed into positions of power by an outdated system of indoctrination void of courage and prestige?

Tough questions, for sure. But only you can answer them. Because the secret to overcoming authority like a fucking genius is realizing that you are the authority. The only person you can control is you. So it’s on you to become the most badass authority (author of self) that you can become.
    How to Turn the Tables on Authority Like a F@*%ing Genius — by Gary Z McGee

https://www.wakingtimes.com/2018/10/...a-fing-genius/

8. #68 True Revolution — by Caitlin Johnstone 
    I think Caitlin is brilliant!

A radical change in human behavior away from its patterns of oppression, exploitation, war and ecocide will necessarily involve a drastic transformation in humanity’s relationship with thought. I’ve been saying this over and over again in different ways for a long time now, and yet I still get criticisms saying that I have useful insights but I don’t provide any plan of action.

The transformation in human consciousness is the plan of action. I really don’t know how to say it any clearer than that. And I will go so far as to say that that it is the only plan of action which will pull us out of our destructive patterns and into a healthy state of collaboration with each other and with our ecosystem. Unless we radically change the way we function above the neck, we will keep killing, consuming and destroying like a bunch of mindless automatons until everything is dead. I really don’t see any other way out of this.

I understand the criticism, though. When people read about the problem of capitalist ecocide and oligarchic strangulation, they don’t want to hear a bunch of stuff about mass ego death and spiritual enlightenment, they want to hear about nationwide demonstrations or organizing the working class or forming a new political party or cryptocurrencies or ending the Federal Reserve, or something along those lines depending on where they believe the problem is localized. In general, they want a fairy tale about people coming together to effect drastic, sweeping changes and turn the status quo on its head, which they will do because something something reasons, cough cough.
    True Revolution — by Caitlin Johnstone

https://www.wakingtimes.com/2018/10/09/true-revolution/

9. #69 The Best Way to Manage Slaves (And How to Avoid Becoming One) — by Gary Z McGee 
    “If you wish to keep slaves, you must have all kinds of guards. The cheapest way to have guards is to have the slaves pay taxes to finance their own guards. To fool the slaves, you tell them that they are not slaves and that they have Freedom. You tell them they need Law and Order to protect them against bad slaves. Then you tell them to elect a Government. Give them Freedom to vote and they will vote for their own guards and pay their salary. They will then believe they are Free persons. Then give them money to earn, count and spend and they will be too busy to notice the slavery they are in.” ~Alexander Warbucks

Who the hell is Alexander Warbucks? Nobody knows. He wrote this article, How I Manage My Slaves, back in 1978, and nothing before or since. For the purposes of this article, we’re going to break down his opening quote and discover ways to avoid slavery.
    Here is another excerpt from this article. I hope it strikes a resonant chord within you.

A soft-slave statist is anyone who believes they need a ruler to rule over them, who thinks they need permission to be free, who blindly worships a flag, and who believes violence is the answer to solving problems.

A free-range human, on the other hand, rules over him/herself, does not need permission to be free, does not worship a flag, and thinks that violence is only necessary when used in self-defense or in defense of those not capable of defending themselves.

Besides that, free-range humans practice the following core principles: the golden rule, the nonaggression principle, the art of fighting without fighting, radical forgiveness, and radical interconnectedness (interdependence over independence over codependence).
    The Best Way to Manage Slaves (And How to Avoid Becoming One) — by Gary Z McGee

https://www.wakingtimes.com/2018/11/...-becoming-one/

Freedom once meant something significant for mankind. It meant ceasing to be suppressed and imprisoned by forces that endeavour to control one. The word ‘freedom’ conjured a sense of what it means, at least to some degree, to be master of one’s destiny.

No longer, for many, the new freedom has almost exactly the opposite meaning. Now freedom seems to be associated with having someone or something doing one’s thinking for one; making decisions that one ‘can’t be bothered ‘or doesn’t want to make – and ultimately completely relieving one from responsibility for taking any form of action other than that which enriches one’s pocket and/or one’s narcissist fantasies.

In fact this new ‘freedom’ offers – on a plate – to the oppressor of old the chance to continue his mastery of human control, but under a new guise: the tantalising deception of ‘convenience’. That which by-passes the need for mental creative effort (and often physical effort as well) and which makes one believe that there is really little or nothing to do, other than tap a keyboard and get tuned into a cyberspace virtual reality world which will do the rest for one. This is the great tempter of our age. The one that lays out the red carpet for a soft and sly take-over by nothing less than a non human artificial intelligence.
    Save Us From Freedom! — by Julian Rose

https://www.wakingtimes.com/2018/11/...-from-freedom/