Notices

Thread: Future Plans

1. #1 Future Plans 
    Blog Entries
    1. We already have a couple of plans in the works. A good friend of the library has ordered a sweet little bench that we intend to put up next to the Thayer LFL. Here's what it looks like...

http://www.plowhearth.com/hummingbir...rden-bench.htm

2. I've become enamored of the idea of adding little review cards (or even just a greeting) to personalize the circulation a bit. My idea is that it would foster the sense of community. To that end I've built a little rack that will hold 3x5 and 5x8 cards printed with "Thayer Little Free Library Book Review" at the top as well as a few pens. It is at the painting stage right now.

3. OK The Love Is The Answer Card box will be up before Valentine's Day.

4. As I look at the Thayer LFL it looks a little spindly. I would like to have a wired planter box 18" x 36" immediately beneath the library so flowers can be grown and fill up that space. It would be visually much more appealing.

Welles

Blog Entries
    Hah! I just had an idea that I'll start implementing today. For a number of years I've been creating "Love Is The Answer Cards". Each has a brief thought on one side while the back is almost always "Love Is The Answer." I'm going to make a wooden tray with a bunch of the cards for people to take and keep or give away. Expect to see that up in a few days (drying time of the paint will be the delay).

If you want to see some samples click on the links below...

Soul Bank

Smooch City

Create Save God From Boredom

The Opposite of Love is Fear

More...

Love Is The Answer (Cards)

Welles

3. #3 The Future is Now... 
    Blog Entries
    Yesterday, actually. I finished up the box for the Love is the Answer Cards and the box to hold review/message cards during the last storms and put them in the TLFL yesterday. My idea with the cards is that you might wish to share some value you found in your additon or simply say hi. In theory this might create some tiny elemental bits of neighborhood connections.

The Love is the Answer Cards are an ongoing project of mine. The messages are real, usually 5 watt inspirations, and I just love to play around with fonts and graphic design. I put a half a dozen 'complete sets' at the front of the box for a Valentine's treat.

Welles

4. #4 Latest News, Friday March 3 
    Blog Entries
    Well the friend who said she would buy that bench evidently has been too caught up in her own changes to follow through so... I'll figure out some other way of purchasing it.

I took the box of Love Is The Answer Cards out. Lots were taken. I hope you all enjoyed them. Sometime again I'll put them out but changing things up seems like a good idea to me.

I got the basic planter box installed today. I hope to get it planted sometime next week.

Until next time...

Welles