Notices
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The A B Cs of Being Fully Alive by Melody Schaper

1. #1 The A B Cs of Being Fully Alive by Melody Schaper 
    Blog Entries
    "One day during acupuncture I decided to breathe intentionally. I went through the alphabet and breathed in a sense of one thing that would inspire me. I started with A and remarkably, went through every single letter. It was surprisingly easy to come up with ideas. There were so many. I spent the session breathing in a multitude of wonderful sensations and felt as if I were receiving a life-giving, indulgent gift. At the end of the session I felt as if I could fly. My whole being was completely at ease and free and I felt grounded and connected to my power in a way I have not been used to throughout my life.

I would like to spend the next 26 days going through the alphabet with you in a form that is like a haiku for essays. Possibly a paragraph or phrase each day that connects you to your self in ways that fill and nourish you and help you discover your own power. I want to treat this process as a gift leading to my 60th birthday on December 23. My birthday has never mattered very much to me. I dont like much attention and I dont indulge in my self much. This year feels different. I still dont want attention from the outside. What I do passionately want is to focus on what it means to grow into my power as a woman."

This is part of an introduction to a project Melody is creating. I'll be posting all the ABC's of Being Fully Alive as she releases them.

The A B Cs of Being Fully Alive by Melody Schaper

https://www.melodyschaper.com/the-a-...g-fully-alive/

2. #2 A is for Act by Melody Schaper 
    Blog Entries
    A is for Act — by Melody Schaper

It's time.
    It's your time.
    You have waited long enough.
    There is no 'right time' and you don't need 'permission.' It's up to you. It always has been. It's your gift and birthright to live the life you want to live.
    The time is now.
    Get going and take action on your own be-half so that you become full. Others will become fuller as a result of your actions.
    Trust your self.
    You got this.
    ACT NOW.

3. #3 B is for Be by Melody Schaper 
    Blog Entries
    Begin.

Begin by being you. Be at peace with who you are and believe in you. Behold your beauty and be filled by you. Be your own kind of brilliance and brighten the world.

Be brave and be bold and be big.

Be your best friend. Be the mother you always wanted. Be the father you never had. Be for you always and in all ways and never again give your self up to anyone or anything that does not believe in you. Be there for you. Be here with you now. Be nothing other than you. Believe what you hear when you listen to your heart. Be everything you ever dreamed of being. Be faithful to you and your being. Be who you are totally and unapologetically and belong to you forever.

Begin by being you.

4. #4 C is for Come Out by Melody Schaper 
    Blog Entries
    C is for Come Out by Melody Schaper

Come out of hiding. Come out of the closet. Come out of your shell. Come out and show your self to the world. Come out into the open and be seen for who you are.

Any part of you that is hiding, any part that is ashamed or lives in fear or self-doubt, any part of you that you keep hidden away, shielded from the light of day, is a part of you that is dying. Dying to be seen and heard and loved and wanted.

Years ago Neil said one of the most profound things Ive ever heard. He said;

'What people want more than anything in the world is to be seen for who they really are, and what people fear more than anything in the world is to be seen for who they really are.'

Ive struggled most of my life with insecurity. I have lived with shame and guilt and a huge dose of fear for almost 60 years and Im ready to give that up. Im done with it. I am who I am, with all my imperfections and I am beginning to see that I am pretty much like everybody else. Imperfect.

Its time we bring all of our selves out of hiding and live fully in the light of day. Whether youre gay, straight, black, white, big, small, rich, poor or even have a pumpkin for a nose, IT DOESN'T MATTER. None of that matters. The only thing that matters is for all of us to be true to ourselves and stop pretending, hiding and fearing being seen in all of our crazy imperfections.

It's time for all of us to come out of hiding and be seen for who we really are.

5. #5 D is for Dos and Donts by Melody Schaper 
    Blog Entries
    D is for Do’s and Don’ts — by Melody SchaperThis is easy.

Don't ever believe anyone or anything that causes you to lose faith in your self. Never. Don’t be afraid to say no. Don’t ever give your power, passion and drive to anyone. Ever. Don't accept less. Don't live in fear.

Don’t be afraid to say yes to what you want

Do what is right for you regardless of what others may think or need or want from you. Never, ever, ever give up on what you know nourishes your soul. Ever. Do what it takes to live the life you want to have and believe in your ability to make it happen. Do what is right for you.

Do it now

6. #6 E is For Express by Melody Schaper 
    Blog Entries

E is For Express by Melody Schaper

Open

Open to the truth within and around you. Open your eyes to see what is real. Open your mind to learn from any one and any thing

Open your throat to speak truth, no matter what

Open your heart to express all of you, no matter what

Don't die with anything left inside you. Live all of you. Open and express your hopes, fears, longings and love. Let it all out. It's not too late

Someday it will be

Open wide and express who you really are and watch as the world opens wide to you

7. #7 F is for Fail by Melody Schaper 
    Blog Entries
    Fail

Yes, fail

Fail big and bold. Fail fearlessly. Fail often

If you are afraid to fail you are afraid to live

Make mistakes. Make lots of them. Try different things. Take risks. Risk imperfection. Risk appearing a fool. Leave your comfort zone and do what frightens you. Take a chance. Take lots and lots of chances

Fall down, then get back up and try again. It's not only ok to fail, it's essential for your growth and evolution

Be messy. Be real. Be you in the process of becoming more of you

The only thing that is essential is to try. We don't grow by staying the same. We don't grow by a dream of perfection that keeps us frozen. We grow the most when we push ourselves further than we are comfortable with and making messy, crazy, wonderful mistakes, learn from them and try again

Feel your fear and be willing to fail

You will grow

8. #8 G is for Grace by Melody Schaper 
    Blog Entries
    G is for Grace by Melody Schaper

So far these messages have been forceful and vigorous, designed to help us get in touch with our power and vitality. Today I am focusing on a different quality and capacity of being fully alive. I want to experience the beauty of grace and what it feels like to sense the purity of the simple blessings within and around us.

The quality we perceive as holding us when we allow our selves to rest in the beauty of the natural world, and the peace inherent in our own breath is a quality of grace. There is nothing to do to receive this grace and no one is undeserving. It is available to everyone, at any time. It is in infinite supply.

In the thousands of moments you will live today allow your self to rest in the grace of your own aliveness and peace for one of those many moments. Allow the beauty and wisdom of the universe to support you as it was designed to do and feel free.

Tomorrow we will get back to 'work.'

Rest in the moments of grace that reveal you are part of something greater than your self and soften into the grace of the universe of care and protection.

Today,

for a moment,

experience the grace of being you.

9. #9 H is for Hold by Melody Schaper 
    Blog Entries
    H is for Hold by Melody Schaper

What we hold on to, holds on to us.

At the end of the summer my sister Mary and I cleared out my parent's home and let go of 67 years of a marriage, a family and life. It was very hard to do. I came home and started clearing out all sorts of unwanted and extra stuff I have held on to for so many years. There is still so much more.

I hold on to things, people, feelings and the past. I hold on to all sorts of things. I even hold on to the idea of holding on, just in case. After the experience of clearing out my parents home I realized it's time to let go.

Sooner or later, it all goes.

My daughter, Hannah Sicherman did this drawing years ago. She understood even then we can't hold on.

Name:  hold.jpg
Views: 4
Size:  19.2 KB

I want to release the holds I have on everything and lighten my load.

I want to let go

and be free.

10. #10 I is for Insight by Melody Schaper 
    Blog Entries
    I is for Insight

Lets do an experiment. Its best if you can rest your head back or lie down for a couple of minutes. Cup your hands and place them gently over your closed eyes and allow your eyes to rest. Allow your eyes to rest backwards in their deep sockets. Give your self a couple of minutes to do this then notice if you experience any change in the rest of your body. When you take your hands away and slowly open your eyes, allow your gaze to be soft. Receive through your eyes what is around you and notice if that feels different in the way you typically see.

When I do this work with people I talk about the metaphor of insight and what it truly means to see. People often are surprised to discover how hard they work at seeing. When people rest through and around their eyes they often see differently and feel easier within themselves. A greater capacity to sense is cultivated when our vision softens. Often people say they see more clearly and understand what they encounter in a deeper way when their eyes are softer.

Insight

When we soften our gaze on the world we begin to see more of what is real. We loosen our hold on how we think things should look and see situations, others and ourselves with more clarity and compassion and insight. The irony is, when we loosen our grip on seeking outside ourselves we begin to develop greater awareness of what is right for us. We begin to develop wisdom. We gain insight and awareness.

Rest your eyes, soften your gaze and allow the world to come into you receive the many blessings of insight and wisdom.