This is the best pro home-schooling article I've ever read. It is lengthy for each of the 55 reasons is explained, sometimes in great detail, sometimes with embedded links and videos. Brilliant. Stephanie writes...

"What is Homeschooling? Homeschooling is teaching your own children at home, as it was done before the state took over schools.

I will explain:

• Dozens of reasons why you should homeschool.
  • How you can do a much better job than school teachers, no matter what your level of education, so long as you can read. All you have to do is what teachers do – buy books that have a year’s curriculum (program) in them, and do what it says.
  • Why it is more affordable than you may think.

This information is not meant to insult or belittle any teacher or parent, but the buck stops here. If the quality of our lives is to improve, we need to do things very differently.
The fact is that through sophisticated propaganda techniques, parents and teachers worldwide have been convinced that government controlled schools are “better” for children. That is an error. Parents continue to make “bad” judgments based on “bad” information (propaganda). The important question is, once you have new information, what will you do?"

Here is the first item on the list...

"1. THEY ARE DELIBERATELY TEACHING CHILDREN TO BE STUPID.

If you don’t believe me, read “The Deliberate Dumbing Down of America” (now free online). This was written by Charlotte Iserbyt, who served as Senior Policy Advisor in the Office of Educational Research and Improvement (OERI), U.S. Department of Education, during the first Reagan Administration."

I think the recently released study funded by NASA is another indictment of the educational system's failure to have creativity flourish in children. Heavens! They would question everything!

55 Reasons Why You Should Homeschool — by Stephanie Relfe

http://www.bodymindsoulspirit.com/55...ld-homeschool/