"On a recent trip to India, I was deeply inspired by one school’s efforts to use some of the GGSC’s research-based practices to encourage well-being amongst its students.

Similar to students in the U.S., Indian students often struggle with intense academic pressure, high parental expectations, and, for too many, extreme social and economic barriers. Indeed, suicide rates of 15-29 year olds in India are among the highest in the world.

But a pre-K-12 Seth M. R. Jaipuria School in Lucknow, under the leadership of Anjali Jaipuria, is helping to counter the impact of these challenges by encouraging students to tap into their own and others’ humanity through the practices of gratitude, self-compassion, mindfulness, and more—all of which are transforming the school.

School psychologist Anam Zaidi who led the team that developed these projects recently sent me photos and descriptions of their activities. I thought educators and parents might appreciate seeing some of the exciting work happening in India—and perhaps be inspired to try a few of these activities at their own schools. Enjoy!"

What a Greater Good School Looks Like — by Vicki Zakrzewski

https://greatergood.berkeley.edu/art...ool_looks_like