"We all have a place in our hearts for new age spirituality, let’s not lie.

Look—the crystals are kind of cool. Mercury always seems to be in retrograde. My horoscope is always pinpoint accurate. I can astral project my way to Pluto anytime I want. My vision board will iron out the details of my future. If I’m having problems in my love life, I can always get a Tarot reading and find out my spirit animal to show me the way. If all else fails, I can just talk about energy with an affected tone of voice. Spirituality is easy!

No, I’m kidding. I don’t mean to clown about any of this stuff, really.

I appreciate that so many of us are trying to find ways to connect with something greater than ourselves, no matter how ridiculous it might look on the surface (and oftentimes, it looks pretty f*cking ridiculous). I think all of this stuff would be pretty harmless in itself, but the problem that I find with the new age-y jargon is that it can actually take away from our spiritual practice by giving us a false sense of superiority.
For me, spirituality is a really simple thing, and that’s exactly how I like it. My practice consists of self-inquiry and meditation. That’s it."

A Little Note to the Ooey Gooey Earthy Crunchy Spiritual Bums. — by Samuel Kronen

https://www.elephantjournal.com/2018...piritual-bums/