Notices

Thread: Autobiography of a Yogi by Paramhansa Yogananda

1. #1 Autobiography of a Yogi by Paramhansa Yogananda 
    I have heard of this book but only recently have I made a friend in person who, out of the blue, decided to gift me this book. I pick it up this weekend and I will try to post my experience hereafter.

It is also free online.
    https://www.ananda.org/autobiography/
    Have you read it?

I hope you enjoy it Eric. During a decade or so from the mid 1960's to 1970's I was associated with a rather large extended hippie family. Quite a number of them became interested in meditation and yoga. Many became devotees of gurus for a period of time and found their start on the spiritual path in that manner. The Autobiography of a Yogi truly was the spark that fired them up.

Thank you Welles. I recognize Hazarat Inayat Khan as my guide but similar to the Sufi- the Yogi has admirable and influential qualities too. I have read there is a difference between these two paths but it seems the end result for either involves a great deal of Service to the God in us all. I will enjoy reading and get to pick it up tomorrow!
    All of this, a way to self realization, liberation and hopefully a steadfast approach to attuning to the higher vibration that is Gods Love.