Notices

Thread: The Ancient Science Of Living From The Heart — by Christina Sarich

1. #1 The Ancient Science Of Living From The Heart — by Christina Sarich 
    “The heart is one of the most important organs in the human body, because it is one of the main mediums for connecting us to each other and the Universe. Conventional science has taught us that the main role of the heart is to pump blood to all the systems of our body. This definition of the heart is not very accurate. Besides pumping blood, the heart also has an intelligence of its own.

According to neurocardiologists, 60 to 65 percent of heart cells are neuron cells, not muscle cells. This discovery has helped them develop experiments that have proved the heart works similar to the brain and in some ways is even superior to the brain. This may be the reason that the heart is the first organ to function after conception. Within about 20 days after conception, the heart starts to function, but the brain does not function until after roughly 90 days. This information tells us that the brain is secondary to the heart.”

Christina discusses yoga and the heart, heart coherence and more...

The Ancient Science Of Living From The Heart — by Christina Sarich

http://www.wakingtimes.com/2018/07/0...rom-the-heart/

Dear Welles,
    How exactly can one live and respond more from the Heart center- surely it is the Heart which serves as the gateway to God?
    Reading this article I began to understand our connected nature from the energetic viewpoint(non locality) and thus envisioned a web, like the delicate silk created by a spider, which connects me to those I have shared my Heart with. I think from here I am able to tune into these persons energy and perhaps feel more with the Heart than interpreting with the mind and what my eyes see. It is this, 'feeling' in the chest versus 'interpreting' with the mind that may allow us to be centered with our Hearts intellect. Have you any further suggestions to tapping in and opening ones Heart Chakra?
    Thank you for posting this article, which highlights Yoga, it is a recurring theme in my lifetime.
    Last edited by happyrain; 07-08-2018 at 02:10 AM.

Hi Eric,

The path I ended up following was that of a creator (note the lowercase 'c' some people use the term co-creator instead).

My first goal was to shut off the running dialog in my head. I discovered that it was almost always reactions to patterns of emotions held in my 'guts'. They were mostly unconscious old patterns of defenses and justifications. My original strategy was developing a longer and longer attention span, a goal of my first meditations.

Then I discovered that it was the energy center of emotions (aka 'the guts') that allowed me to feel the qualities and attributes of the physical world during creation. For example using emotion to feel harmonies of color was essential to beauty in many arts. When I was boggled with emotional defenses and attachments I was blocked. Emotions didn't have to be just reactionary they could be consciously used to create physical reality. Embroideries, paintings and sculptures became my meditations.

Here's an essay about the subject...

So Then What?

http://www.chutzpahgalleries.com/wri...oThenWhat.html

The next leap in my understanding was that when my emotions were quiet and my mind was quiet I became receptive for inspiration, the old light bulb going off in my head. It was practicing being open to inspiration that I learned that the quiet mind and emotional center allows the heart to open. From that center I can feel qualities of spirit... Love if you will. Love has many manifestations but we feel them most clearly in the heart.

When the heart is open I can feel people around me without the egotistic filter provided by the emotional defenses that were impressed on me by my human heritage, family, culture and personal experience. I feel people how they are more clearly while allowing them to grow and become new all over again.

The path of opening the heart will be different for everyone but the origin is simply paying attention to it. The path will be made progressively clear. You won't reach the end for there is none. That is the gold standard of life as far as I know.

Welles

Hello Welles,
    What a beautiful short essay. I admire your ability to train your attention span. Seems the burning of wood is a great start, or even an incense stick. I used to meditate regularly then, for whatever reason stopped as my life took a completely different pace. Now, perhaps due to circumstance, I have the privilege of meditating more often. I too try to quiet the mind and lengthen the duration of meditation in each practice as a way to increase the attention span, refocusing on the breath. I may not be hours on end but I am making improvements. Clearing the emotional clutter however, isn't so easy. I must keep it locked deep because it only bubbles up during hot yoga or when someone singing(say devotional chanting) is able to deliver those hair standing, spine crawling chills that sink to my core and release my emotions- I seem to have this urge to cry a lot near the end of the yoga sessions without really understanding why. Very unique approach you have here, how inspiration allows you to reside in Love. I feel your experience to be True and reassuring. Thank you for taking the time to explain to me, your means to Heart experience. Today I find myself praying to know God.

Grateful for your expression and your wisdom. I will try to adopt the practice.

Peace and blessings friend.