Notices

Thread: On anger... — by Epicetus

1. #1 On anger... — by Epicetus 
    “Any person capable of angering you becomes your master. He can anger you only when you permit yourself to be disturbed by him.” — Epictetus

I have a friend who is currently in the presence of Amma and I think he is quoting her here but it seems relevant to this bit of wisdom, which may be on the same line of thought of Anger... He calls it, Happiness
    "Happinesss does not rely on our life and experiences. There are two situations in life: those that can be solved and those that can not. Try to accept what cannot be changed. There is no situation worthy of your sorrows. We are the source of our happiness and sorrow.

Those who are not able to experience heaven now will not experience it anywhere else. We constantly think; “It is not this thing but that thing that will give me happiness.” We therefore live in a maya carnival. Each day when we have anger it gives another person the power to control our mind. However, patience is a wonderful fragrance.

We need to think before every word and thought we have."
    Amma/Jitendra

"There are two situations in life: those that can be solved and those that can not."

I've always said about uncomfortable aspects of existence from emergency situations to people simply going off on the bummers in their world. "If there is something you can do, do it. If there is nothing you can do, do nothing."

"Those who are not able to experience heaven now will not experience it anywhere else."

We're all dying to get there. No really...