Since the day that Martin Luther King Jr. gave his iconic speech nearly six decades ago in 1963, he has inspired thousands, if not millions, of people to dream bigger. Whether that means standing up against social injustices, volunteering in our community, or contributing to education reform, many of us have been inspired to leave the world a better place.

“The goal of an artist,” Tolstoy wrote, “is not to solve a question irrefutably, but to teach people to love life in all its countless inexhaustible manifestations.”
Teachers aim for something very similar: to inspire students to break down old paradigms and see life through sparkling new eyes, to help them cherish the individuality of every living creature and the dignity of every human being, to model for them a way of engaging the world and solving problems that draw on the intellect, heart, spirit, and body all working in concert.

As it happens, this is precisely the vision of society put forth by Martin Luther King.

The Traditional Classroom Model is Outdated

Over the course of my twenty-five years as a college teacher, creator of the Books Behind Bars education program, and humanities scholar, I’ve developed an approach to teaching that starts from this assumption: that the four-walled classroom in which teaching traditionally takes place is far too small to generate the kind of deep learning that helps develop fully realized individuals.
I Have a Dream (of a Different Kind of Classroom) — by Andrew D. Kaufman

https://upliftconnect.com/i-have-a-d...-of-classroom/