Notices

Thread: Fire Evacuation Is Why I'm Missing — by Welles

1. #1 Fire Evacuation Is Why I'm Missing — by Welles 
    A few days ago I had to evacuate due to the threat of the fires raging throughout the coastal areas near Santa Cruz, CA. At present all I have is an iPad and life as a refugee is scattered. I'll try to post a something occasionally.

Welles

2. #2 Fire Evacuation Update — by Welles 
    The good news is our homes are still standing and thanks to the efforts of the neighbors around us who stayed and fought the fires our place was relatively unscathed. I'm going home this morning. However we don't have power or cable so I'll be unable to post anything for an unknown period of time.

I will be back as soon as possible!

Welles

I'm over at a friend's who has internet. We did survive. Theoretically power will be restored any day now. Cable/internet will follow. I will return to continue helping in my small way to build a world of Love!

Welles

Well I'm back (actually as of yesterday)! Thanks to half a dozen men and women who stayed and fought the fires on our road our homes were spared. Thanks to uncounted PG&E, phone, cable trucks and contractors 800 power and telephone poles were replaced. Power and cable service was restored a little over a month from the initial fire evacuation. I'm extremely fortunate and grateful to all those who were so generous and courageous.

Welles