The Meaning of Prayer

On a weekend getaway to Las Vegas, I was in search of a book to read on the airplane and stumbled on a novel called Footprints. Little did I know the beautiful message this novel was to convey. Margaret Fishback Powers was the original author of the world-renowned Footprints poem.

She had written the poem before marrying her beloved husband. The novel depicted her trials and tribulations she faced as a mother, wife, and individual. One thing became very clear when reading her story, Margaret Fishback Powers was a survivor.

She was devoted to the higher power, lived by faith in prayer, and the belief in miracles. Whenever her life seemed to spiral out of control her resolution was to pray and her requests were always heard.

The author tells her personal story how on a single day she faced the most tragic events in her life. Her daughter fell into a whirlpool of water and her husband suffered a massive heart attack.

She never gave up hope that her spouse and child would be taken care of. They miraculously survived the traumatic events and she was a transformed woman. Never would she take life for granted.

“I do believe we’re all connected. I do believe in positive energy. I do believe in the power of prayer. I do believe in putting good out into the world. And I believe in taking care of each other.”~ Harvey Fierstein

After reading this novel, I reflected on the meaning of prayer and believe it is the language of the divine. A connection with the higher power and our individual soul.
Prayer: What Is the Meaning of Prayer — by Nicky Sehra

https://www.purposefairy.com/9081/wh...ing-of-prayer/