Notices
Page 83 of 84 FirstFirst ... 337381828384 LastLast

Thread: One Liners from the Urantia Book (OK sometimes two-liners)

"If anything originates in your consciousness that is fraught with supreme spiritual value, when once you give it expression, no power in the universe can prevent its flashing directly to the Absolute Spirit Personality of all creation."

7:3.5 (84.5)

"The purpose of all education should be to foster and further the supreme purpose of life, the development of a majestic and well-balanced personality."

195:10.17 (2086.3)

“Avoid praying much for yourself; pray more for the spiritual progress of your brethren. Avoid materialistic praying; pray in the spirit and for the abundance of the gifts of the spirit."

146:2.10 (1639.5)

"It is literally true that God is all and in all. But even that is not all of God."

3:1.2 (44.5)

"Few persons live up to the faith which they really have. Unreasoned fear is a master intellectual fraud practiced upon the evolving mortal soul."

48:7.4 (556.4)

"Ethics and morals become truly human when they are dynamic and progressive, alive with universe reality."

12:5.10 (135.9)

"Difficulties may challenge mediocrity and defeat the fearful, but they only stimulate the true children of the Most Highs."

48:7.7 (556.7)

"When the heights of perfection and eternity are attained, all the more honor to those who began at the bottom and joyfully climbed the ladder of life, round by round, and who, when they do reach the heights of glory, will have gained a personal experience which embodies an actual knowledge of every phase of life from the bottom to the top."

32:3.10 (361.5)

"You must not forget the great law of human fairness which I have taught you in positive form: Whatsoever you would that men should do to you, do even so to them."

Jesus, 178:1.12 (1931.3)

"[Jesus] took great pains with all his handiwork and seemed to experience the satisfaction of human achievement when he had completed a commendable piece of work."

134:9.7 (1495.4)

This quote speaks to me because I've been a woodworker (among other things) for over 50 years and part of my great love for the work is the satisfaction you feel at the completion of each piece of work.