Notices
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: 10 Myths About Introverts | CarlKingdom.com :: Writer. Director. Artist.

1. #21 10 Introvert Problems Depicted in the Hilarious Comic Series ‘Finnish Nightmares’ 
    Blog Entries
    "Apparently, there are whole countries where introvert problems are the norm, and one of these is Finland.

Finnish people seem to understand introvert problems all too well. That is, if hilarious new comic series Finnish Nightmares is anything to go by.

It seems that living near the North Pole encourages introversion. Perhaps it’s the cold and the extended periods of darkness in the winter that make people more accustomed to staying at home and socializing less, and therefore less at ease in social situations."

Wow. This is serious introvert humor. Serious humor?

10 Introvert Problems Depicted in the Hilarious Comic Series ‘Finnish Nightmares’ — by Finnish Nightmares

http://www.learning-mind.com/introve...sh-nightmares/

2. #22 5 Things That Just Don’t Make Sense to Introverts — by Caroline Hindle 
    Blog Entries
    This is so true it cracked me up. #4 is Mobile Phones.

5 Things That Just Don’t Make Sense to Introverts — by Caroline Hindle

http://www.learning-mind.com/make-sense-introverts/

3. #23 The Difference between Introverts and Extroverts Explained by Neurobiology 
    Blog Entries
    Well here's another brief suggestion... that introversion is rooted in physical differences. I dunno about this. It seems like a chicken and egg connundrum. The suggestion that we are born a certain way and destined to be constrained by genetics is a flawed perspective it seems to me but what do I know?

The Difference between Introverts and Extroverts Explained by Neurobiology — by Francesca F.

http://www.learning-mind.com/differe...nd-extroverts/

4. #24 7 Special Talents Introverts Didn’t Know They Had — by Caroline Hindle 
    Blog Entries
    "When we think of introverts, we don’t generally think of special talents. Special talents are usually the realm of the extrovert.

If we’re going to be honest, being an introvert in an extrovert’s world has a number of crippling disadvantages. Life is spent trying to justify an explain away our inability to do things that the rest of the world seems to do without any difficulty.

But the truth is that introverts really do have some special talents. Here are a few:

7. Being true friends to cats"

7 Special Talents Introverts Didn’t Know They Had — by Caroline Hindle

http://www.learning-mind.com/special...ts-introverts/

5. #25 Why Introverts (INFJs) Remove People from their Lives with the “Door Slam.” 
    Blog Entries
    INFJs are believed to make up approximately one percent of the population and the initials stand for: introverted, intuitive, feeling, and judgment.

"Out of all the INFJ traits, the “door slam” may be the most infamous. The reason is not due to the actual hypothetical door slamming, but because of what takes place up until it’s firmly shut.

When INFJs connect with someone, they give it their all, so if someone repeatedly takes advantage of the fact they have become emotionally invested, or if they are abused relentlessly, INFJs eventually decide enough is enough, and they will sever all ties. This can include blocking telephone numbers, social media links, and, in extreme cases, moving house and giving no forwarding address.

INFJs are tolerant creatures and are renowned for allowing people to treat them badly. They are compassionate, empathetic, forgiving souls, and they try to give people the benefit of the doubt and offer chance after chance in the hope the person will change."

This may be valuable for many people who are invested in spiritual lives.

Why Introverts (INFJs) Remove People from their Lives with the “Door Slam.” — by Alex Myles

http://www.riseearth.com/2017/08/why...from.html#more

6. #26 Life as an Introvert told in 10 Drawings. — by Alex Myles 
    Blog Entries
    Here you will find ten cartoons that will resonate with introverts. They are amusing, too.

Life as an Introvert told in 10 Drawings. — by Alex Myles

https://www.elephantjournal.com/2017...cute-drawings/

7. #27 8 Small Talk Topics That Are a Living Nightmare for Every Introvert — by Kirstie P. 
    Blog Entries
    "Most introverts hate small talk. They would much rather have a meaningful conversation. Conversely, they can also feel pressured to reveal more about themselves than they would like in social situations. This makes most small talk topics a nightmare for introverts.

However, small talk is often an essential part of getting to know people better. Luckily, there are small talk topics that can help to foster a connection without being dull, awkward or infuriating.

Here are some of the worst small talk topics for introverts."

1. Money
    2. Celebrity Gossip
    3. Personal Gossip
    4. Appearance
    5. Flattery
    6. Narrow-minded views
    7. Popular Culture
    8. Work

8 Small Talk Topics That Are a Living Nightmare for Every Introvert — by Kirstie Pursey

https://www.learning-mind.com/small-...ics-introvert/

8. #28 25 Things Introverts Want You to Understand About Them — by Lori Deschene 
    Lori is both very smart and creative so I was interested in her points. Her 'points' are made by using quotations from other people to present a palette of viewpoints. It seems that to some degree in her introduction she suggests that introverts are that way because of brain chemistry. I believe that observing that the brains of extro and intro verts operate differently is not the cause but the result. The cause has more to do with spiritual leanings that manifest themselves in the physical.

Anyway these quotations are set on... for example

10. Just because I’m not all smiley and enthusiastic doesn’t mean I’m not happy. ~Brandon Logan
    25 Things Introverts Want You to Understand About Them — by Lori Deschene

https://tinybuddha.com/blog/25-thing...to-understand/

9. #29 3 Reasons Why Introverts Are Among the Most Genuine Folks You’ll Meet — by Anna L.M. 
    Introverts are not the easiest people to understand. Sometimes, their behaviors don’t make much sense. But at the same time, they are probably among the most genuine folks you’ll meet, and there are good reasons for that.

In our society of all-consuming fakeness, introverts often feel like misfits and outsiders.

For many people today, a natural desire to make a good impression on others has turned into an obsessive need to be liked by everyone. And to fulfill this need, they lie and pretend to be someone else both online and in real life.

An introvert won’t adopt these behaviors just because everyone else does. Let’s explore a few reasons why the quiet ones are authentic people.

Introverts Are Among the Most Genuine Folks You’ll Ever Meet and Here’s Why:

1. Acting fake is highly energy-demanding
    2. Introverts care less about being popular or liked
    3. Quiet people focus on the quality, not the number of social connections
    3 Reasons Why Introverts Are Among the Most Genuine Folks You’ll Meet — by Anna LeMind

https://www.learning-mind.com/introverts-genuine-folks/

10. #30 10 Special Skills Introverts Have (That Help Them Survive in the Extroverted World) 
    Think you got special skills being all social and everything? Introverts have special skills too!

I find it comical when outgoing people think something is wrong with me. Now, I’m not really an introvert. I might be a little closer to an ambivert, but I have introverted ways and I am judged the same. Here’s something that might cheer up the introverted lot of us. We have special skills, and I bet most people don’t even notice. Let me break it down for you then.

Absolutely awesome introverted moves

Now, being introverted does have its down side, I grant you that, but boy is it too cool to walk among humanity in this uniqueness. Considering introverts are quite intelligent, they know how to utilize their odd ways and transform them into useful life skills. Mind you, these are skills you might not understand.

Stealth is on point

Introverts have the ability to move among crowds of people, almost unnoticed. Have you paid attention to just how many people ignore you on a daily basis? I mean, you could just walk right up and ….never mind, these skills could get you into trouble. Basically, introverts have the stealth, the moves, the covert tactics to go about life incognito. Isn’t that fascinating?

To know oneself….the introvert does
    There are many more interesting special skills discussed.

10 Special Skills Introverts Have (That Help Them Survive in the Extroverted World) — by Sherrie Hurd, A.A

https://www.learning-mind.com/specia...ls-introverts/