Notices
Page 14 of 15 FirstFirst ... 412131415 LastLast

Thread: Topic: Freedom — started by Welles

1. #131 Freedom from Fear: Stop Playing the Government’s Mind Games — John & Nisha Whitehead 
    “No one can terrorize a whole nation, unless we are all his accomplices.”—Edward R. Murrow, broadcast journalist

America is in the midst of an epidemic of historic proportions.

The contagion being spread like wildfire is turning communities into battlegrounds and setting Americans one against the other.

Normally mild-mannered individuals caught up in the throes of this disease have been transformed into belligerent zealots, while others inclined to pacifism have taken to stockpiling weapons and practicing defensive drills.

This plague on our nation—one that has been spreading like wildfire—is a potent mix of fear coupled with unhealthy doses of paranoia and intolerance, tragic hallmarks of the post-9/11 America in which we live, and the constantly shifting crises that keep the populace in a state of high alert.

Everywhere you turn, those on both the left- and right-wing are fomenting distrust and division. You can’t escape it.

We’re being fed a constant diet of fear: fear of a virus, fear of the unmasked, fear of terrorists, fear of illegal immigrants, fear of people who are too religious, fear of people who are not religious enough, fear of extremists, fear of the government, fear of those who fear the government. The list goes on and on.

The strategy is simple yet effective: the best way to control a populace is through fear and discord.

Fear makes people stupid.
    Freedom from Fear: Stop Playing the Government’s Mind Games — John W & Nisha Whitehead

https://www.wakingtimes.com/freedom-...ts-mind-games/

2. #132 We Won’t Be Free Until Our Minds Are Free — by Caitlin Johnstone 
    There’s a quote from an ancient Buddhist text called the Dhammapada that’s often translated as, “We are what we think. All that we are arises with our thoughts. With our thoughts we make the world.”

In other words our mental habits shape our personality and determine how that personality will behave, and that behavior contributes to the shaping of the world.

We see a similar line in the Upanishads of Hinduism: “As is your desire, so is your intention. As is your intention, so is your will. As is your will, so is your deed. As is your deed, so is your destiny.”

These are two different ways of expressing the same timeless observation we see pop up in various forms throughout philosophical traditions around the world: that our actions arise from our thoughts and our thoughts arise from our conditioned mental habits, so we need to be very careful about what those mental habits are since it will ultimately determine our destiny.

But the people who pour the most energy and attention into this timeless observation as a group are not the Buddhists, nor the Hindus, nor any religious or philosophical tradition at all. Those who are the most interested in studying and acting upon this insight are the powerful people who rule this world.

The powerful understand that because people’s actions follow from their thoughts and the destiny of the world follows from people’s actions, if you can control the thoughts people think at mass scale you can control the destiny of the world.
    We Won’t Be Free Until Our Minds Are Free — by Caitlin Johnstone

https://caitlinjohnstone.com/2021/09...inds-are-free/

3. #133 People Don’t Understand How Unfree We Already Are — by Caitlin Johnstone 
    The biggest and most widespread blind spot among those who oppose totalitarian control by the powerful is the assumption that it has not already been achieved.

We’ve been so busy watching out for the next overtly totalitarian dictatorship that wants to put the jackboot on our necks we never noticed the covert totalitarians sliding the shackles around our minds.

Everyone thinks about the abusers who beat their spouses, but not the abusers who dominate their spouses’ minds with psychological manipulation.

Everyone thinks about psychopathic killers prowling the streets, but not the psychopathic killers who rule our world via mass-scale manipulation.

Conspiracy analysts warn that the government is trying to give everyone a social credit score to force us all to comply with the agendas of the powerful, in nations where mass-scale narrative management through the media and online algorithms already manipulates everyone into complying with the agendas of the powerful.

People assume that they aren’t already behaving exactly how the powerful want them to behave within a civilization whose political, monetary and economic systems are already completely under the control of the powerful.

People think they are free just because they can go and buy whatever they want in an economy rigged for the powerful using money rigged for the powerful, because they can say whatever they want on internet platforms whose algorithms are manipulated by the powerful, because they can vote for a politician who only got on the ballot by being owned by the powerful.
    People Don’t Understand How Unfree We Already Are — by Caitlin Johnstone

https://caitlinjohnstone.com/2021/09...e-already-are/

4. #134 Can You Live an Unstructured Life and be Successful? — by Robin Rainbow Gate 
    I think everyone is different, so I don’t feel I can generalize that one can or cannot live an unstructured life and be successful.

That said, I can speak from my experience:

First, know that Freedom is a primary value of mine. I so appreciate the freedom I have in my life to live where and how I want to. Sometimes I marvel at the freedom and goodness I am blessed with:

• I can walk in the mountains.
    • I have the simple freedom of a healthy, flexible, perfectly formed, pain-free body.
    • I can go to sleep when I like and wake up when I naturally do.
    • I can eat a variety of foods.
    • I can decide how my day goes, which activities I choose.
    • I can live quite easily without a car.

These are just a few of the simple freedoms in the life I’ve created for myself.

I mentioned Freedom because to my mind, to be Free means I can flow as I like, do what I want when I like, have no plans, just BE. Implicit in this desire, which comes occasionally, is living without structure.

Living without Structure
    Can You Live an Unstructured Life and be Successful? — by Robin Rainbow Gate

https://wakeup-world.com/2021/10/27/...be-successful/

5. #135 The Self-Reliance Manifesto: More Than 350 Resources to Guide You on the Path to Radi 
    Have you happened to notice that our society is out of balance?

The consumers outnumber the producers at such a rapid clip that we can’t possibly continue like this. But who has time to produce when they are indebted and working overtime to finance their current lifestyles in the hopes that they will finally be able to buy “enough” to be happy, fulfilled, and loved?

We live in a society made up mostly of rabid consumers. As soon as the advertising pros on Madison Avenue point them in a given direction, people flock to it like the zombies on The Walking Dead lurch toward a fresh human, completely oblivious to everything else. They yearn for these things that are produced across the world and then delivered at a cheap price. People fill up on cheap food that has been government subsidized, making it unrealistically inexpensive. They are enslaved as they work to pay for it, or in some cases, accept a handout to pay for it. More people are deeply in debt than ever, living a fancy First World Lifestyle that would crumble with one missed paycheck.

They are slaves and they don’t even know it

They don’t care that the newest clothing and gadgets were produced in sweatshops across the world. People don’t care that some items are produced by slave labor. People don’t care about the processed offerings at the grocery store. Or the pesticide-laden produce raised by corporations instead of farmers, or even the feedlots that are the scenes of the worst animal abuse in the country, completely free from prosecution. They don’t care that subsidized corporate agriculture puts real farmers out of business while it destroys our health and our environment.

They just care about their illusions of prosperity and that the products are cheap and make them feel good for a moment. And “illusion” is the perfect word for it because we live in a society where many people consume but very few people produce. A society like that could not stand on its own if isolated from the rest of the world or if the corporate food companies and manufacturing plants shut down. The majority of the country has become completely dependent on things that are produced in factories.

Simple math tells us that this system can’t last forever. We can’t all be consumers if there are no producers.

These days, self-reliance is actually a revolutionary act
    The Self-Reliance Manifesto: More Than 350 Resources to Guide You on the Path to Radical Freedom — by Daisy Luther

https://www.theorganicprepper.com/th...th-to-freedom/

6. #136 The Metaverse Is Big Brother in Disguise: Freedom Meted Out by Technological Tyrants 
    “The term metaverse, like the term meritocracy, was coined in a sci fi dystopia novel written as cautionary tale. Then techies took metaverse, and technocrats took meritocracy, and enthusiastically adopted what was meant to inspire horror.”—Antonio García Martínez

Welcome to the Matrix (i.e. the metaverse), where reality is virtual, freedom is only as free as one’s technological overlords allow, and artificial intelligence is slowly rendering humanity unnecessary, inferior, and obsolete.

Mark Zuckerberg, the CEO of Facebook, sees this digital universe—the metaverse—as the next step in our evolutionary transformation from a human-driven society to a technological one.

Yet while Zuckerberg’s vision for this digital frontier has been met with a certain degree of skepticism, the truth—as journalist Antonio García Martínez concludes—is that we’re already living in the metaverse.

The metaverse is, in turn, a dystopian meritocracy, where freedom is a conditional construct based on one’s worthiness and compliance.

In a meritocracy, rights are privileges, afforded to those who have earned them. There can be no tolerance for independence or individuality in a meritocracy, where political correctness is formalized, legalized, and institutionalized. Likewise, there can be no true freedom when the ability to express oneself, move about, engage in commerce, and function in society is predicated on the extent to which you’re willing to “fit in.”

We are almost at that stage now.
    The Metaverse Is Big Brother in Disguise: Freedom Meted Out by Technological Tyrants — by John W. Whitehead & Nisha Whitehead

https://consciouslifenews.com/the-me...head/11209299/

7. #137 Resisting Tyranny Depends on the Courage to Not Conform — by Barry Brownstein 
    Social psychologist Roy Baumeister begins his book Evil: Inside Human Violence and Cruelty, with a proposition that will be counterintuitive to many: “Evil usually enters the world unrecognized by the people who open the door and let it in. Most people who perpetrate evil do not see what they are doing as evil.”

Dismissing evildoers as “insane” is an attempt to absolve both them and you of responsibility. Baumeister observes, “People do become extremely upset and abandon self-control, with violent results, but this is not insanity.” If only “insane” people commit “evil” acts, you might reason there is no need to strengthen spiritual and moral muscles. You might skip the reflection, study, and practice that builds spiritual and moral strength.

Would you, Baumeister asks, “obey orders to kill innocent civilians? Would you help torture someone? Would you stand by passively while the secret police hauled your neighbors off to concentration camps?” Baumeister writes, “Most people say no. But when such events actually happen, the reality is quite different.” Today, to the point, will you obey orders to fire upon people who refuse to comply with mandates?

In one of the most instructive books about Nazi Germany, Ordinary Men: Reserve Police Battalion 101 and the Final Solution in Poland, historian Christopher Browning explores why most people say yes and commit heinous acts even when given latitude to say no.
    Resisting Tyranny Depends on the Courage to Not Conform — by Barry Brownstein

https://www.aier.org/article/resisti...o-not-conform/

8. #138 A Call For ALL Sovereign People to UNITE For the Survival of Humanity 
    “We need to look after our babies, your grandkids, my grandkids… Here's the thing: By the time I die, when I'm closing my eyes… I want to look into my grandkid's and my great-grandkid's eyes and I want to be able to look them in the eye and say: ‘When it was bad. I stood up for you. And I'm leaving you something healthy because we stood up.' I cannot leave this world knowing that we are leaving our children to a cesspool of parasitic sickness and knowing that I did nothing. And that's why I'm in this fight brother. Because as the ancestors, it is our responsibility to stand up for future ancestors. And when our great, great grandkids and me, and you are gone, and we're finished, they're going to be looking back in this time. The difference now to what's been going on in the last few hundred years is they're going to be able to SEE what we've done. They're going to be able to stand in pride in what we've done… This is about the survival of humanity and our babies. Failure is not an option! When they look back and they see that we have stood up and we have not only ensured that their future is one of prosperity and health, they'll also see a nation that is built on truth, honor, and respect. I once read a long time ago that a country is not a nation until its people are walking in unison. This is our chance.” ~ David Cole (aka Lurnpa)
    A Call For ALL Sovereign People to UNITE For the Survival of Humanity — AustraliaOne Party

https://consciouslifenews.com/a-call...nity/11209413/

9. #139 The Only Choice Left: Slavery or Freedom — by Dr. Joseph Mercola 
    Story at-a-glance

• Catherine Austin Fitts has spent decades exposing corruption and fraud within the banking industry and government, and corruption and fraud are driving forces in the COVID pandemic
    • We’re seeing a shift of billions of dollars of liability to families for health care, disability, workman's compensation, unemployment, and death, as experimental COVID injections are mandated while drug makers, doctors, and corporations have been released from all liability
    • At present, there is no legally valid vaccine mandate. The shots are still under emergency use authorization, and there’s no official document from the government, be it in the form of legislation, law, or regulation, that grants a legal basis for the mandate. The U.S. Occupational Safety and Health Administration also has not published any rule regarding the mandating of vaccines by private companies
    • The vaccine passports create a platform for a digital transaction system that documents and tracks all transactions. Once combined with a central bank-controlled digital currency, they will have the ability to block transactions
    • To prevent the final implementation of this planned control system, we must be ready and willing to sacrifice in the short term. We must be willing to say, “No, I will not comply, no matter what the consequence,” or we’ll lose even our most basic freedoms
    The Only Choice Left: Slavery or Freedom — by Dr. Joseph Mercola

https://consciouslifenews.com/the-on...edom/11209020/

10. #140 Don’t Give Up on the Blessings of Freedom — by John W. Whitehead & Nisha Whitehead 
    How do you give thanks for freedoms that are constantly being eroded?

How do you express gratitude for one’s safety when the perils posed by the American police state grow more treacherous by the day?

How do you come together as a nation on Thanksgiving when the powers-that-be continue to polarize and divide us into warring factions?

Every year finds us struggling to reconcile our hope for a better, freer, more just world with the soul-sucking reality of a world in which greed, meanness, and war continue to triumph.

Fifty years ago, John Lennon released “Imagine” and exhorted us to “Imagine all the people livin’ life in peace.” That same year, Lennon released “Happy Xmas (War Is Over)” as part of a major anti-war campaign. Lennon—a musical genius, anti-war activist, and a high-profile example of the lengths to which the Deep State will go to persecute those who dare to challenge its authority—made clear that the only way to achieve an end to hunger, violence, war, and tyranny is to want it badly enough and work towards it.

Fifty years later, we clearly don’t want those things badly enough.

Peace remains out of reach. Activists and whistleblowers continue to be prosecuted for challenging the government’s authority. Militarism is on the rise, all the while the governmental war machine continues to wreak havoc on innocent lives.

For those of us who joined with John Lennon to imagine a world of peace, it’s getting harder to reconcile that dream with the reality of the American police state. And those who do dare to speak up about government corruption (such as Julian Assange) are labeled dissidents, troublemakers, terrorists, lunatics, or mentally ill and tagged for surveillance, censorship, or, worse, involuntary detention.
    Don’t Give Up on the Blessings of Freedom — by John W. Whitehead & Nisha Whitehead

https://consciouslifenews.com/dont-g...head/11209726/