Notices
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: 3 Ideas From Me — by James Clear

1. #21 3-2-1: On the most important conversation, the value of time, and trusting your gut 
    3 IDEAS FROM ME

I.

"Modeling a behavior is stronger than telling someone to act differently.

Kids imitate the habits of their parents. Teammates match the competitive energy of one another. Employees learn to manage like their supervisor.

Be the standard and others will raise their standards."

II.

"The most important conversation is the conversation you have with yourself each day."

III.

"Your favorite athlete's first workout was just as bad as yours.

Your favorite chef's first meal was just as bad as yours.

Your favorite artist’s first work was just as bad as yours.

Keep going."
    3-2-1: On the most important conversation, the value of time, and trusting your gut — by James Clear

https://jamesclear.com/3-2-1/december-24-2020

2. #22 3-2-1: On eliminating clutter, reinventing yourself, and unity - February 25, 2021 
    3 Ideas From Me

I.

"Rome wasn’t built in a day, but they were laying bricks every hour.

You don’t have to do it all today. Just lay a brick."

​II.

"School requires you to learn about things after the answer has already been decided.

Life requires you to learn about things while the answer is in the process of being decided."

III.

"Clarity is the elimination of mental clutter.

Agility is the elimination of physical clutter.

Tranquility is the elimination of spiritual clutter."
    3-2-1: On eliminating clutter, reinventing yourself, and unity - February 25, 2021

https://jamesclear.com/3-2-1/february-25-2021

3. #23 3-2-1: How to rebound from a mistake and think outside your constraints 
    3 Ideas From Me

I.

"Patience is a competitive advantage.

In a surprising number of fields, you can find success if you are simply willing to do the reasonable thing longer than most people."

​II.

"Most people don’t want accurate information, they want validating information.

Growth requires you to be open to unlearning ideas that previously served you."

III.

"Your mind is a suggestion engine. Every thought you have is a suggestion, not an order.

Sometimes your mind suggests that you are tired, that you should give up, or that you should take an easier path.

But if you pause, you can discover new suggestions. For example, that you will feel good once the work is done or that you have the ability to finish things even when you don't feel like it.

Your thoughts are not orders. Merely suggestions. You have the power to choose which option to follow."
    3-2-1: How to rebound from a mistake and think outside your constraints — by James Clear

https://jamesclear.com/3-2-1/june-10-2021